Herpes, also known as fever blisters or cold sores, is a painful viral skin infection that manifests as tiny, painful red blisters that burst easily. They are often associated with fever, and if you have them, you know it shouldn’t be taken lightly. These blisters are commonly referred to as fever blisters or cold sores and can also appear on your lips, tongue, inner cheeks, and around the palate. If you develop one of these blisters, it is best to seek medical attention immediately to avoid infection.
Herpes on the lip can be a real pain, however with some simple home remedies and insights, you can overcome the pain and discomfort. Here are some lip cold sore remedies to help you manage the soreness and get back to normal:
* Add a few drops of lemon juice to a warm bath and soak for about 15 minutes. Repeat several times each day until the cold sore disappears. To prevent flare-ups, you can do this daily and add more lemon juice as needed. This is a great remedy for cold sores on the lip.
* Mix a tablespoon of garlic powder and half a teaspoon of salt. Then, make a paste of garlic powder and a couple of drops of tea tree oil. You can apply this paste to the infected area to ease the pain of the blister and get rid of it. Repeat this several times a day to prevent blistering and the formation of new ones.
* Take a hot shower and then dab a little petroleum jelly on each blister to absorb moisture. If that doesn’t work, apply a hot compress to your lips and dab some yogurt on the affected area. If the yogurt doesn’t work, put some ice on it and then repeat this process until the blister is dry. If the blister does not heal, you may need to see your doctor for a prescription for antibiotics or topical cream to help heal the blister.
* Try apple cider vinegar on the wound and leave it on for a few days, it helps in many ways. This helps clear bacteria from the wound and also relieves irritation. If the wound heals, you may find that your body needs more of this vinegar as it will help kill any bacterial germs that may be growing in your mouth.
* Put on an ice pack and then massage the area. This will help reduce swelling and relieve pain. If the blister does not heal, repeat this process as many times as necessary until the pain disappears.
Herpes on the lip is not something to be taken lightly, so don’t worry if you experience them. They can be annoying, but there are many options you can use to treat and prevent flare-ups. They can be a little embarrassing, but if you process them a little, you will soon be back to where you were.
One thing that I have found that helps very well stop cold sores on the lip is vitamin E. This vitamin helps reduce inflammation and this is the main reason that causes these ulcers in the first place. It also helps your body heal from the infection. By taking this vitamin, you can help fight the bacteria that cause these ulcers, as well as bacteria that cause other types of inflammation, such as in other parts of your body.
* If you have decided that vitamin E is not working and still want to try something else to stop cold sores on your lip, you can try some of the home remedies available. You can find vitamin E capsules that can be purchased at your local pharmacy, or even buy vitamin E capsules online.
* You can also make a simple oat paste by adding a tablespoon of honey and a glass of warm water. It can be spread over the affected area to relieve pain. Oatmeal will also help kill bacteria in the ulcer, and warm water will help relieve irritation. This should be done about once a day for a specified period of time.